Sunday, April 26, 2015

End

As much as I'd like to discredit that my years at school shaped me, I can't deny that they, of course, did. There's a bias towards nostalgia that makes me hesitant to pop out old yearbooks and rave about how funny this was or how much fun something else was, but the longing for introspection is still there. 

When I Was younger, I used to separate school and private life completely in my head. I never really thought about school outside of school. I did my homework at lunch, during class, or more likely, the class right before. As I've grown older, though, I've begun to merge the two. Now, it's difficult to separate the huge changes in my life from school, the constant in my life. The habits from when I was younger still linger on. (I still have a strict no mentioning of the word "homework" policy outside of school around my friends.) 

It Was a very formative time. High school saw the most stressful and transformative time of my life so far. During high school, I came out, lived in France and Spain, studied Latin, French, Spanish and 5 others, developed my own voice, had a couple breakdowns, and made many of my best friends to say the least. It would be almost impossible for a person not to be somewhat sentimental about a time when so much occurred in their life. Though I am extremely excited for beginning my adult life, I still feel a desire to look back and think about and thank(linguistic nerd fact: "think" and "thank" come from the same root. "Thank you" implying that the person will think about the kind thing that the other person did for them) the people who were around me. 

I hope this post flowed as well as it did in my head. 

Thanks to everyone who helped me to become who I am today. Special thanks to my friends who kept me in the lines when I was swerving. Thank you, too, Ms. Genesky for being an amazing teacher who helped me through my rough times. I wish there were more people who are as nice of person as you.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh yes I agree with you that I did the same thing as to separate my private life and school life (and social life)since it would be too much for me to handle. Even though school life in the US and school life in Vietnam are different, but my social life remained the same (me with no friends moehehe * tears of frustration * 😂)....bbut then we became friends :3
    ---> I'm glad I've found you 😚 teehee ~

    ReplyDelete